GES’ International Trade group performs research, analysis, and advocacy on behalf of corporations and associations facing challenges in the areas of global trade and competition.
Areas of Expertise
Export Control, Sanctions and FCPA Compliance
International Trade Litigation
Assistance in Customs Matters
Industry and Price Research
- Participated in more U.S. international trade investigations than any other economic consulting firm.
- An unsurpassed record of success in U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings, compiling the best won-lost record of any economic consulting firm in the field.
- Senior staff includes former employees of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the Office of the United States Trade Representative.
- An extensive history of analyzing and protecting sensitive business proprietary information.Broad experience in analyzing large databases of sales, cost, and financial information.
- Metals, including stainless steel sheet and strip, plate, bar, wire rod, round wire, angles, pipe and tube, pipe fittings and flanges; carbon steel cold-rolled flat products, hot-rolled flat products, plate, corrosion-resistant flat products, and wire rod; brass sheet and strip; cold-finished steel bar; electrical steel; tool steel; titanium products, and others.
- Agricultural and processed food products, including garlic, preserved mushrooms, canned pineapple, table grapes, pork, lamb meat, honey, fresh Atlantic salmon, pasta, sugar, citric acid, and leather.
- Chemical products and materials, including activated carbon, saccharin, synthetic indigo, and graphite electrodes, and PET resin.
- Textile products, including polyester staple fiber.
- Downstream processed metals products, including kitchen racks, shelving, garment hangers, nails and other fasteners, prestressed concrete strand, forged crankshafts, valves, and construction castings.
- Paper products, including tissue paper and crepe paper.
- High-tech products, including DRAMS and DRAM modules and flat panel displays.
- Other major manufactured products, including large power transformers, color televisions, color television picture tubes, bicycles, drafting machines, forklift trucks, and mechanical transfer presses.