GES’ International Trade group performs research, analysis, and advocacy on behalf of corporations and associations facing challenges in the areas of global trade and competition.
Areas of Expertise
- Participated in more U.S. international trade investigations than any other economic consulting firm.
- An unsurpassed record of success in U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings, compiling the best won-lost record of any economic consulting firm in the field.
- Senior staff includes former employees of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the Office of the United States Trade Representative.
- An extensive history of analyzing and protecting sensitive business proprietary information.Broad experience in analyzing large databases of sales, cost, and financial information.
- Metals, including stainless steel sheet and strip, plate, bar, wire rod, round wire, angles, pipe and tube, pipe fittings and flanges; carbon steel cold-rolled flat products, hot-rolled flat products, plate, corrosion-resistant flat products, and wire rod; brass sheet and strip; cold-finished steel bar; electrical steel; tool steel; titanium products, and others.
- Agricultural and processed food products, including garlic, preserved mushrooms, canned pineapple, table grapes, pork, lamb meat, honey, fresh Atlantic salmon, pasta, sugar, citric acid, and leather.
- Chemical products and materials, including activated carbon, saccharin, synthetic indigo, and graphite electrodes, and PET resin.
- Textile products, including polyester staple fiber.
- Downstream processed metals products, including kitchen racks, shelving, garment hangers, nails and other fasteners, prestressed concrete strand, forged crankshafts, valves, and construction castings.
- Paper products, including tissue paper and crepe paper.
- High-tech products, including DRAMS and DRAM modules and flat panel displays.
- Other major manufactured products, including large power transformers, color televisions, color television picture tubes, bicycles, drafting machines, forklift trucks, and mechanical transfer presses.